bpmNEXT 2020 – Call for Papers
bpmNEXT presentations are always about “showing not telling.” The presentation format is strictly enforced:
- 5-minute introduction in the Ignite presentation format: 20 slides exactly, automatically advanced every 15 seconds. Ignite is a presentation format in which the presenter speaks while the slides advance automatically. An Ignite presentation is exactly 5 minutes, and contains exactly 20 slides. Slides advance automatically every 15 seconds. You can read about it here (and here and here).
- 15-minute live demo from your laptop or mobile device. Absolutely no slideware in this section!
- 10-minute Q&A
As always, the demand for speaking slots exceeds the number we have available. This year we are going to announce the program agenda prior to year’s end, thus if you are interested in securing a slot you need to act fast. Our initial submission review is December 6, 2019.
- October 1, 2019: Call for Papers Opens
- December 6, 2019 – Provisional Acceptance
- December 20, 2019 – Final Acceptance of Presentation Proposal
- December 30, 2019 – Final Agenda Published
- February 3 – March 23, 20220 – Presentation/Review of Demo and Ignite Intro
- April 27, 2020: bpmNEXT Event Kickoff
In the submission form you must specify the title of the presentation and tell us what problem you solve, how your approach is better than what is available today, and when and in what form it will be available to customers. You must also agree that except for a 5-minute introduction in the Ignite format, your presentation will be entirely a live demo (running software, no slides).
“Provisional Acceptance” of your submission means that your are accepted into the program, conditional on finalization of details for your proposed session by December 20th, as well as your Ignite presentation, at a date to be scheduled 2/3/20 – 3/27/20.
Upon provisional acceptance you will be considered part of the program and will be asked to provide a final bio, session abstract, headshot photo, and company logo. At this time we will also provide an event preparation checklist, including general information on format and expectation, and schedule your online preview demo.
Our final submission deadline is December 20th, however, it is advantageous to submit by prior to December 6th “Provisional Acceptance” date, at which time we will conduct our first round of submission evaluations for purposes of categorization and ranking.
As in years past, our final acceptance is conditional on your presentation of the demo (and Ignite intro) to our program committee (at a date to be scheduled over the period of February 3 – March 27, 2020).